Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lincoln's birthday party






We decided to do an OSU buckeye party for Lincoln's first birthday. It was a lot of fun. Mom helped me make spaghetti and meatballs, Lincoln's favorite. He loved the meatballs, he ended up eating about 3 whole meatballs. I ended up making 3 cakes this year, one football for Lincoln's smash cake, one heart cake for Dad's birthday, and one block O for everyone else to eat. The best part about Lincoln's party was him eating his cake. It was too cute. He just grabbed a hold of it and stuck his face right in it to take a bite. Of course everyone laughed so he thought that he should keep doing it. It sure was a sight to see. After he was done, I just stripped him down and put him in the tub for a good scrubbing. It seems like yesterday I was in the hospital having him. I remember when the doctor pulled him out and told us he was a boy. I couldn't believe he was a boy, the best of both worlds, I had my baby girl, now I was blessed with a little boy. Turns out though he wasn't so little, I about fell over when the nurse weighed him and told me he was 11 lbs. 10 oz. He's been such a joy and eventhough I can hardly believe that he is one it just seems like Lincoln has been apart of our family forever. He was the missing Linc to our family:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a fun party for Lincoln and Grandpa!! Lincoln is so sweet we love him sooo much.