Lincoln's party was so much fun. We had a full house this year as many friends and family were able to come. We got Lincoln a spiderman bike this year and helmet and he got so many nice things from everyone. I made a treasure chest cake this year and was quite pleased by the way it turned out. I love making these special cakes for my kids. I know they aren't as professional as a store bought cake but I have so much fun doing it and seeing their little faces when I show them the finished product is priceless. At this age they aren't very hard to please they just know that I made it and they like it. I always make my Dad a cake as well because you all know he and Linc share the same birthday. I made Dad a spice cake and I turned it into a map sticking with the pirate theme. It all turned out so great. We also had a treasure hunt for the kids right before it was time to leave. When they were finished the treasure was of course their loot bag to take home. The loot bag contained an eye patch, a map, a whistle, a telescope, money, and some pirate mints. I think everyone had a good time. I enjoyed putting it together but felt as if I didn't have a chance to sit down once and chat with our guest too busy getting everything done. So for all you guest out there I was really happy to see that you all made it sorry I didn't get a chance to chat. We must catch up soon in a more relaxed environmanet, I get crazy when it comes to my kids b-days everything must be perfect for my babies! Only a few more weeks and I will be doing it all over again with Lydia's first birthday.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Shiver me timbers!!
Lincoln's party was so much fun. We had a full house this year as many friends and family were able to come. We got Lincoln a spiderman bike this year and helmet and he got so many nice things from everyone. I made a treasure chest cake this year and was quite pleased by the way it turned out. I love making these special cakes for my kids. I know they aren't as professional as a store bought cake but I have so much fun doing it and seeing their little faces when I show them the finished product is priceless. At this age they aren't very hard to please they just know that I made it and they like it. I always make my Dad a cake as well because you all know he and Linc share the same birthday. I made Dad a spice cake and I turned it into a map sticking with the pirate theme. It all turned out so great. We also had a treasure hunt for the kids right before it was time to leave. When they were finished the treasure was of course their loot bag to take home. The loot bag contained an eye patch, a map, a whistle, a telescope, money, and some pirate mints. I think everyone had a good time. I enjoyed putting it together but felt as if I didn't have a chance to sit down once and chat with our guest too busy getting everything done. So for all you guest out there I was really happy to see that you all made it sorry I didn't get a chance to chat. We must catch up soon in a more relaxed environmanet, I get crazy when it comes to my kids b-days everything must be perfect for my babies! Only a few more weeks and I will be doing it all over again with Lydia's first birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wonderful Birthday party sweetie! You are an amazing Mom!
Post a Comment