Sunday, October 29, 2006

2nd annual Halloween Party:)


Tonight we had some people over to carve pumpkins. It was Mark, Brit, and Ava, our friends Chris, Stacey, and Sarah and Ron, Kelly, and Maddy. We had a great time and the girls had a lot of fun playing together. Can you believe that we all had little girls:) Lily gave each one of her girlfriends a black kitty purse with some treats inside. She was so cute. I would say now go give this to Ava, then to Sarah, and Maddy and she did. It was adorable, then she would look at me and smile. Lily is just growing so fast and everytime she does something she always looks at Chad or I for approval. It just melts my heart:) I decided to carve the same pumpkin I did last year with Lily's name in it. It just felt appropriate to have her name in lights:) I had so much fun planning for our party, I just love Halloween. I got a few ideas from Martha Stewart this year. Yep just call me Martha. I made a ghost cake and I think it came out pretty cute. I also made some punch and froze some ice hands to put in the punch:) And as for my decorating and presentation skills I have to say I learned that from my mom:) It was super spooky at our house tonight. Can't wait to do it again next year:) More pictures are to come of our party, it's hard for everyone to take pictures so we designated our friend Stacey to take a lot of the pics, so when she sends them to me, I will share them with all of you. I was kinda bummed that this picture of Chad, Lily, and I didn't turn out that well because Miss Lily was looking down. So hopefully Stacey got a good one of the three of us:) Happy Halloween:)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween! I love the ghost cake it turned out great! I can't wait to see the rest of the photos!I bet your house looked spooky! Isn't it so much fun to decorate for the seasons. I love it! I'm glad I passes that trait on to you! Your home is a special place. I love making it warm & inviting to family & friends! Love Mom

Britni said...

Thanks for having us over,we all had a great time.Your house looked really cute of course and Ava had so much fun with the girls.I can't wait to see the pictures Stacey took too!I forgot my camera.Someday when we have a house of our own maybe we'll have some get togethers too!
Love you,Brit

Beth @ Through the Eyes of the Mrs. said...

You really did go all out. I love decorating and entertaining. The ghost cake looks so cool let me know how you did that. All of the pumpkins came out great. I love the one on the left.

Grandma Squeeze said...

Happy Halloween!! Sorry its late but I have not been on for awhile with all the working I have been doing!! Looks like you and your friends all had fun at your party Lilly, and I love your cake Christy!!! It is really cute and looks really good!!! See you all Friday!! Love you...