Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Big Boy


So last night I decided to ask Lincoln if he wanted to sleep in his big boy bed. I have been talking to him about his big boy bed and how when Lydia arrives she will need to sleep in the crib. When I asked him last night he said, "I sleep in Big Boy Bed." I figured I would give it a shot, I tucked him in, kissed him, and told him to stay in his bed. I shut the door except for a little crack and to my suprise he stayed in there until 7:30 this morning. I couldn't believe it. He cried this morning when he got up but I think it was because he wasn't sure where he was. Today he even said that he wanted to take his nap in there and he did. I can't believe that it was this easy, Lily was this easy but I thought my little explorer would be different. I'm excited that I might have transitioned him to his big boy bed before Lydia arrives, now if I can just get him to potty on the toliet:) I know one step at a time. Eventhough I'm excited for him to be in his big boy bed it's a little sad to think that by baby is not a baby anymore, he's turning into a toddler. This picture is of him taking a nap in there today. I ordered a fire truck picture for his room I can't wait for it to arrive so I can finish his room now, especially since he is going to be using it!!

4 comments:

Haley Elizabeth said...

Aww, I know it's so hard to transition from baby to big kid for us haha. I hope he continues to do good for you in his bed. When is Lydia due?

Kelly said...

So cute... Olivia sleeps on her mattress really well too. My dad is painting the bed we got her... we got it used. Someday I'll get her a new bed. He does look so big... and the bedroom is adorable!

Grandma VH said...

Lincoln...You are such a big boy...Soon you will be the big brother!!! xoxo

Britni said...

What a big boy!!...sometimes they just surprise us and transition better then we do! Ember apparently was really ready....me, not so much, haha....it has made things so much smoother in the evening though to have Ember in a big bed. She is always so tired by the end of the day she never gets out. I could count to 10 and she is asleep, it's awesome! I hope he keeps it up for you. Let me know if you need anything!