Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lincoln and Mommy Day






Sunday was Lincoln and Mommy Day. I told Lincoln we were going on a date. Lily's response was Mommy why is your date so short, ha, ha. We left the house at about 11:30 this morning and headed to Easton to the Build a Bear Workshop. Lincoln has never gone there before and Lily agreed to let us go by ourselves. I was worried she would be jealous but she was such a big girl about it. Lincoln and I brought her back a new outfit for her build a bear she had made years ago. When we got there Lincoln was amazed by all of the stuffed animals and after looking and touching almost all of them he decided on the panda bear. As soon as he picked him up he said "Oh soft, I get it." He got to help with the stuffing and chose a heart to put in his bear. We went over to name his bear and I asked him what his bears name was, of course he said baby Evan:) For those of you who don't know Lincoln is obsessed with his new cousin Evan and ever since he has met him every baby, doll or apparently stuffed animals name is Evan. So Evan it is..... He brushed him and then chose an outfit for him. You won't believe this but he saw a Cleveland Indians hat and noticed it looked like Chads so he wanted that for his bear. I so wanted his bear to be a fireman to match his new room but he had other plans. That was fine though it is his bear. After building his Evan bear we headed off to eat lunch. I took Lincoln to Bob Evan's because my kids always eat well there. Lincoln had french fries and grilled cheese while I had a salad, rolls, and their yummy chicken and noodles. I should have just shared with Lincoln because he hardly ate his but ate at least half of my noodles. We had a fun time with each other.

2 comments:

Britni said...

How cute! :) That is too funny that he named his bear Evan!! I am sure Lincoln was happy to have one on one time. I know my kids love it....although Ember usually asks where Ava is throughout our dates, lol! I think it's good for them to have their own time. I am getting so excited for you. Can't wait to meet Lydia :D

Mom VH said...

I'm glad you got to spend some alone time with Lincoln before Lydia is born. I think it is good for wach of the kids to get that special time with you. xoxo