Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Eating my first French Fry:)




Well we went to the doctor yesterday for Lily's 9 month check up. Yes she is 9 months already, well on Thursday:) I can't believe it myself!!!! These 9 months have flown by. She was 20lbs. 2 oz. and was 30 1/2 inches long. She really grew a lot. At her 6 month appointment she was only 26 1/2 inches long, WOW!!!! My little munchkin really sprouted up:) Well the doctor told us that she can start to eat some table food now but only the soft stuff. I'm really nervous about it because I don't want her to choke but I figure if I watch her very closely she will be fine. We gave her some little puffs made by gerber and she took it from me and placed it in her mouth. She will hold on to it and grind her two front teeth on it and then but it in her mouth but from there she doesn't really know what to go yet. She just holds it on her tongue and sticks it out and is like mom what do I do with this:) It is funny. Tonight Chad and I made some french fries so I gave her one. She chewed on it for awhile and got some of the potato out and then dropped it and Lola got it. I just can't believe she is old enough to eat real food. I still look at her as my little baby. I suppose I will always look at her this way!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christy you will always think of Lily as your Baby...no matter how old she is. You know you are still my baby! I love You Mom

Britni said...

wow,that's scary that she is eating regular food now.You'd think the Dr. would have her get use to food more gradually....I remember my sister saying its scary because you're afraid that they will choke.I'm sure she'll get use to it though :)xoxox
Brit

Britni said...

Today we fed Lily those puff things and she did great with them.She ate about 10!She would get mad if I stopped feeding her,haha.She chewed with her two teeth,hehe.It was cute :)She learned quick!!
Love you,Brit

Grandma Squeeze said...

You are eating real food!!!! Yeh!! You will learn real quick how to chew!!! Daddy did!!!!! Love you all!!!